Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Friday 14 August 2020

Guys - Help!

Everyone. Honestly. I need help and this is absolutely serious. 

Okay relax, no one's dead or anything like that!

No, it's not that kind of thing.

I cannot see any vision in the current climate, of what it is that the human race really wants.

I don't see the 'images,' the motifs, as it were.
...??

Frankly, the cars leave a lot to be desired - they're all just iterations of things done before and done better, before.

You wanna pay how much for a Bugatti? Seriously?

It's ridiculous.

If the Germans keep on insisting on drifting Bentleys even further into the 'Euro-Continental' zone, they will just be another Merc.
Where's the meat and potatoes in the current 'vision?'

Give yourself a stack of imaginary cash, right - and then tell me what you will do with it to entertain yourself...

I can see people getting edgy and testy - Tomi Lahren's recent outburst is a big sign of it.

How would Tomi handle say, Charlie Chaplin in RL, if she met him? What makes her smarter or more talented or 'better' than a real legendary genius in the public space?

When I observe what is going on, it doesn't seem to me as though people are not growing up, it's that they have no vision of what it is (IE 'being all grown up) at the deep end... 

And d'you know why? I'll tell you why (one of the potentially many 'why's' of it; you may have others) - they think they are being serious; I'm sure T. Lahren thought she was being very serious, telling us all about how hard she works and how independent she is and everything... But when push comes to shove, trust me, these kids all don't want to confront reality at the deep end, where you are going to lose yourself in the depths of someone who can dive deeply as a mature adult.
Hot, strong, and Southern...

On the one hand, it would be easy for me to say 'oh we are losing that last seriously adult generation, the Karl Lagerfelds, and probably soon enough, the Serge Lutens's as well.' 

If I said it it wouldn't be true, because people always say this - generation after generation!

It isn't true.

No. We just need to see that vision ahead.

There's a great comment around somewhere from one of the bartenders at Duke's in St James - who is talking about their version of Ian Fleming's 'Vesper Martini.' In fact I'm not sure who actually said it first but two guys repeat the thing - Salvatore Calabrese at Dukes does, and so does Giuseppe Gonzalez, one-time New York cocktail king:

'It won't kill you; but it will hurt you!'

See a lot of these modern-day wannabe 'adults' will just end up killing you and themselves. They actually don't understand the meaning of life. LOL

Who does - you say?

You do, so I want some answers here.

Give.
And? Sharon? Your point of view is what, now...?


I can't finish what I'm doing without knowing. Are human beings just some fancy exercise of the mysterious Universe - who can never be happy no matter what?

Okay, here's the thing - people, as I read them all, do not want it all - they want to have some hints of what's out there beyond the edge. And right now, they don't see it, they aren't getting it, so there's nothing in their minds for them to reach out towards. And that's the problem.

Hmn. Actually, that all just has helped me a bit but I still want to hear what you think.

4 comments:

  1. "Desire nothing but desirelessness. Hope for nothing but to rise above all hope. Want nothing, you shall have everything." - Some guru or other.

    But not having mastered desirelessness, happiness (or at least the absence of discontent) can be found somewhere in the depths of a compelling film that takes one out of oneself for an hour or two.

    So, that's my desire, my want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just - ONLY just - watched a few snippets from the movie 'Fading Gigolo' (can't believed I'd never even heard of it till now!!), and there are a couple of things that stand out to me, from the film:

      1. John Turturro is a hell funny, really droll actor - brilliant, he's not genuinely a 'leading man' but he totally gets away with it anyway...
      2. Inasmuch as Woody Allen has a cloud over him, he was just also very funny in this; and,
      3. Sharon Stone and the other woman demonstrate that as actual adults, with all the rep and the rap that they carry with them, they are as in the dark as most everyone else in the human world!! I mean this in the way of saying that despite the excellent scripting and outstanding performances from them, what comes across is the dubiousness of what they are presenting (because I don't see either of them as confident in what they were saying, even though I'm sure they thought were acting it very well...).

      But this is a film worth watching.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does the human race really want?
    There are probably as many answers as there are humans. I can't pretend to know what anyone else wants so I will give my own take on it. For me there are many things. Maybe some others will agree.
    I want a small comfortable house on a large property. Most seem to want the opposite. A lake and a garden to work on too.
    I want goals to achieve. A way to better myself. It does not have to be monumental; it just has to fulfill me.
    I want the ability to travel, to follow the sun and enjoy the seasons.
    I want to see how good I can get at at golf. A silly goal but it's mine.
    I want to pursue my interests and learn about the things that make me smile. I am an insatiable learner but the more I know the more I realize how little I know.
    I want to know how the world and the universe really works.
    I want to spend time with my family and associate with like-minded friends. We don't have to agree with everything...that would be boring! As long as we can respectfully disagree. That is a must. It is also rare and getting rarer from what I have seen.
    I want to learn more about myself and evolve to become a better human.
    I want to raise my kids to become better versions of my ex-wife and me. I think we did that and it's what I'm most proud of.
    Wow! That’s a lot of "I wants"!

    ReplyDelete

Your considered comments are welcome