Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Thursday 11 August 2016

Those 'Luxury Lifestyle' Images

Have you seen the 'Forbes Life' Magazine or Vogue or anything of that nature, really... You know, those magazines whether web-based ones or old school print versions, they are replete with pics of some motif or other about 'wealth,' and/or 'luxury.'

Of course far be it from me to say I don't like these things. I pore through (pore OVER? perhaps...) all of this nonsense because 'Mrs Beeton's Christmas Magazine' doesn't exist anymore - and any of my ancestors who were in the publishing business (Ward Lock and Co, among them) are all long gone too of course. So no more Sherlock Holmes, no more J. Sheridan Le Fanu...

But have you noticed that dust doesn't exist where the 'wealthy people' are? I have never seen a single speck of dust in any of the photographs of scenes that are supposed to be from the world of the wealthy.

They're all so... sanitized.
Not a speck of dust anywhere

I spend many hours of my day in recent times, worrying about buying a new Rolls Royce (my wife's uncle had to get rid of his because his wife didn't like it! Mind you he's a lot richer than me.) - and worrying about how I will ever get it out of the garage and gasp(!) get road dirt on it.

Oh god. Just the sheer thought of such a thing. Horrible.

When you die and go to heaven - the Muslims say - if you have been approved of by the whim of Allah, you get to go to this place where there are two wives and seventy servant girls for the wives (that's the source of the '72 virgins' business) and you also get seventy thousand page boys.

This kind of thing doesn't appeal to me as much as, I gather, it must appeal to Muslims, because if heaven still has dust and road grit and all of this, then my Rolls Royce is not going to be happy there. Unless one is to suppose the servants and page boys spend most of their time vacuuming away any traces of dirt and dust.
Surprised no one thinks the latest RR gimmick
...is something to do with the Illuminati

I mean to say, going by the stock standard visual images of what is 'luxury' for 'the wealthy,' they do not live anywhere near where there is dirt or dust. And the roads upon which they drive their impractically low-to-the-ground Lamborghinis, are bowling green flat with no pebbles.

My word, what little I know of this lifestyle... The lifestyle of the wealthy... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your considered comments are welcome