Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Monday 1 February 2021

Bushfire, Right?

So, there's this huge massive bushfire happening down here right now. I mean, when we have bushfires, well, they are huge!

And, we have a five-day, hard border, 'lock-down' in place as well, which has a few days left to run - until whatever their next plan is.

So, I go downstairs to my local Asian-Chinese restaurant (I'm in the middle of 'food central,' really) and I quickly slip on the mask before entering the door that now says 'take-way only, today.' Which is good because I only want take-away.

Brisbane radio broadcaster, Alex Hirschi
aka 'Supercar Blondie.'
Someone needs to feed her up a bit...
She still does a good show, however. 

And the lady that manages the shop, young woman, although I noticed last week she was training a young boy too, must have been all of eight at least -, says to me: 'big bushfire.'

I go: 'yeah.' And then order my normal bee hoon (there's lot's of different styles of 'bee hoon' that people make all over the world, so I won't go into which one this is; it's real good though).

She says: 'What else - spring rolls?'

I go: 'Okay, spring rolls.'

I whip around the block and get some Asahi Dry Black and return, and the whole thing is ready.

The bushfire smoke has totally covered the whole entire midday sky, and that's good because where I am, it hasn't fallen to the ground level and the air is clear and the temperature is mild and not seeringly hot like it would be this time of year with a clear sky overhead...

So inside the shop I say to her: 'It is the End of the World, but... ...don't stop cooking!' 

And she looks up at me and goes: 'We will cook until the last minute.'




2 comments:

  1. Well, from my perspective, the whole planet is "on fire." Our Overlords have lit the torch of the scamdemic. I presume they know what the conflagration will consume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Mystery, Bablyon the Great, Mother of all Prostitution.' 'And know this too, that in the last days perilous times shall come.'

    'Mysterion' - means secrecy, that which cannot be spoken, for threats of retribution against all who might reveal the secrets.

    'Babylon' 'sits on many waters' and rules everything and everyone and 'cares only for Earthly things.' 'Like Sodom, the people of Mystery Babylon do not hide their depravity, displaying their ways that are against law and truth with pride.'

    '...who has deceived all the nations with its pharmakaea.'

    And then, comes the FALL.

    ReplyDelete

Your considered comments are welcome