Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Thursday 7 May 2015

The Wallpaper Life

Let us forget, for a while, all of the problems of the world, and open the newspapers and absorb the immediate media cycle, and see if we can find some bright ideas, and some entertaining items...

Nope. I cannot.

And I suppose my own well-tried default, whenever in this position, is usually to fall back on food, and drink.

I must make a slight confession in that I have become rather comfortable with the progress of one particular business venture that is on-going with me. I have several on the go at the moment, all related although separate as actual businesses.

In this feeling of comfort, it is more the ambiance of life that interests me, rather than the substance or real content. I want a kind of 'wallpaper lifestyle' right now...



I guess I've become more than just a little bit of a recluse too; not genuinely one, more like, what do they call it now - 'the closed-in Millennials?' Well of course I am clearly not so young as to really be one, but I have always been a fashion dilettante and I think I am happy to fall in step with the nouvelle vague.

Even so, life in my world is not the bright sunshine of very high speed driver-sim computer games, nor the dark dystopia of 'Halo' wargaming on an 'alien software' PC.


I have decided that life in my world - regardless of whatever happens in the outside world - is going to be something of an 'invisible gated estate.' Something like a sepia detective fantasy - not entirely black or dark, but at least, shadowy, or in twilight. Not noir; that's too austere for me - I like color in the femme fatale's dresses:

All the doors are locked, and Mike Hammer or Sam Spade can sense the violets (which would mean an Orris root butter base in an expensive perfume, probably) even before one of them enters the private office. I could go on, but it just means the detective is not totally surprised by the presence of the hot blonde dame in his office.

"How did you get in here?"

"I came down the chimney - ho, ho, ho.' She answers, in a slow sardonic drawl.

"So waddya want?" I ask (that is, Mike Hammer does).

"My employer has a most intriguing proposition for you."

 (To Be Continued...)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your considered comments are welcome