Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Tuesday 14 April 2015

The Amber Moment

'Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment, there is no why.' Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm sure just the other day I noticed the idiot scion Jacob Rothschild in one of the private boxes at the Vienna State Opera -  just when the great Anna Netrebko re-took to public performances after a suggestion a year ago from some wise head for her to cancel her US appearances right before the Ukraine junta got its ass kicked in Donbass.
Sony's new floating audio speakers
Come in to my place, we have these here (just use your
imagination!) What will we be playing on them - wait till you
get to the bottom of this page...

Can Jacob R. have a single clue about what constitutes artistic beauty? I doubt it.

Of course (though not really 'of course' but all the same,) I was not at the concert physically although I did watch the authorized live streaming pay-for-view channel showing it.

Netrebko's voice has deepened with maturity and is easily one of the stars in the timeless operatic sky now - she exhibits the voice confidence, the diction and phrasing of the complete expert in practice and theory.

In the midst of all of today's ugliness, is there beauty still? I have a small problem in that every now and then I still manage to turn up some old capital that has a dollar value and apart from those, I look around every day and see no outside economic prospects and no economic or 'merchanting' inspiration outside of my own treasure cabinet...
Alina Somova showing tons of plastique

Art is always somewhat of a prostitute to money. I have no doubt that Rothschild J., has met Netrebko in person - these people are usually part of the after-performance soiree. And I hope he gives very generously to things like the Wiener Staatsoper. One is never to know these things, whether such morons suddenly withdraw their cash because of some politics.

I mean, you could be overheard talking about Alina Somova having a ton of plastique in a New York airport and suddenly be arrested and questioned about it! That is the state of education of the lunatics who have wrested power across the worldwide stage and sent the world back into a world at war. No doubt, in Singapore, such would not be the case, since they are all so so very educated there.
Florence and The Machine Cosmic Love - Seven Lions Remix
It's really the Dance of The Sugar Plum Fairy at the start, but don't tell.
Get past 1 min 15 secs for the lyrics.


Ah yes. Is there beauty still? Well that depends on whether you are stuck in permanently traditional patterns or whether you can hear the variations in artistic expression.

We are all 'stuck in the amber of the moment.' The dinosaurs provide the resin, and the creatures with wings are preserved. The lizards never had wings and so, they have all died out.


FLORENCE + THE MACHINE LYRICS
"Cosmic Love"


A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes
I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat
I tried to find the sound
But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your considered comments are welcome