Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Friday 21 June 2019

Pieces Of The Puzzle (I)

I suppose one of the 'beauties' of these Blog sites, is that they archive various people's writings - and even in the case of this type of Blog (this one that you are reading here) that very few people ever find their way to - nonetheless it can serve to create a record somewhere (not just the so-called 'Wayback Machine' archival system - which can be tampered with by the FBI) of things that propose a different position to any 'official' or 'officially accepted' one on various matters.
Something from 'way'-back! A Malayan rubber estate inspection
by the Army 'Malayan Emergency' officers. This is a pic from my own sources.
That fellow on the left looks a bit like Rory Stewart!

Albeit I was about to go straight to this matter of 'the end of the rainbow' (and I shall go there, but not 'directly' - sigh, as usual with me, you all mutter), something was flung across the desk here which interposed itself rapidly, but in a way that is all the same connected. But I will have to explain why, 'connected.'

You see someone threw me a report on the UK Conservative MP Rory Stewart - specifically, about his father Brian Stewart. His father's biog claims he was some kind of Colonial Service Officer in Malaya, presumably, under Gerald Templer. Now my family was deeply connected with Templer, and the (then) British Colonial Service during that specific era. The official biog appears to suggest he was some kind of important person. And indeed he very well might have been - the problem I see is the timeline and well, frankly, all too much detail, when it comes to someone who was in MI6 at a high level. You need but consult Wikipedia on any very well-known MI6 name, and it will disclose the characteristically scant detail.

Now... ...just in case we have a few readers rush in and gainsay what I am about to say on whatever basis they will have - I must point out that Dick Franks ('Dickie' to his family and close friends) or, his real birth name, Arthur Franks, was a relative (not blood relative) of my father's, specifically he was married to one of my father's aunts. He resided for a long time in Singapore and that was where his family (he had a daughter...) lived and grew up until they went elsewhere.
General Sir Gerald Templer and the Tunku ('Bapa Malaysia')

Dick Franks was head of MI6 when Brian Stewart was serving in it, who had at one point (Stewart had) been under consideration for Chief.

The official biog now claims that Stewart was the managing director of the Rubber Growers Association of Malaya WHEN HE RETIRED FROM MI6. 

Now. Problem. Either he was in two phases in the MI6, and thus COULD have been MD of the RGA of MALAYA (which was called that prior to Independence in 1968), or, the official biog has it wrong and he was somehow MD of the Growers' Assoc. of MALAYSIA - that is it had to have been AFTER, well after, 1968; since he was still in MI6 in the Seventies.

Second problem: how does he become the MD of a Malaysian Growers' Assoc when it is a Muslim country with Bumiputra rules for senior execs particularly...?
Wiki says Brain Stewart, Malacca 1953

Sure it's possible and I have no interest in contacting people who could verify this from directly in the Malaysian scene. Like a lot of ex-Colonial places they also share some 'cultural cringe' attitudes but I find this questionable even if it were true at all, because it would suggest there is something untoward or unsavory about the control some UK interests are exerting inside the Malaysian raw materials industries elites.

It just has my ears prick up when I further read that 'Stewart was regarded in the Secret Services as highly competent but arrogant....'

I dunno - are we living in a parallel Universe here? Everything I read about 'Brian Stewart' could be written of my father... Now I know my dad took pains to 'go dark' when HE retired and even when he passed away, but since I myself lived in Penang (and was VERY WELL patched in, with the young brats, and their parents, virtually a 'rich kid' of Instagram except there was no Instagram then, only Eastman-Kodak and its 'society magazine') at the same time someone 'Brian Stewart' was making it large there among higher society - I think I would have certainly known of some arrogant 'Stewart' fellow swanning around.

I don't think this Rory Stewart is any kind of relative of ours: for one thing he's a right ugly little thing... ...and I'm not. Not physically, superficially, anyway. I am VERY ugly inside.

This is 'the Rainbow,' see... It's an illusion, or - an effect of light and the conditions and a prismatic medium the white light passes through. But you already knew that. Still, knowing it and believing that what you are seeing isn't actually there, are two different things.

The UK government is attempting to 'write history' here. 

3 comments:

  1. LOL - literally within HOURS of this Blog posting, Wiki has altered 'managing director of' to 'a director of.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider this, even today, right NOW, the Wiki entry for the 'Malayan Emergency' says this, which is not disputed by the Malaysian government today or any current regional academic:

    "The belligerents were the Commonwealth (IE British; my diacriticals) armed forces against the Malayan National Liberation Army (MNLA)..."

    Current Malay/Malaysia politics does not accept that these Commonwealth people were doing the right thing then, and it is problematic to think they are at the same time tolerated as 'directors' of today's Rubber Growers Assoc.

    It's a complicated story certainly, in all reality, but in no way can the UK current position and 'composing of history' be harmonized with the facts on the ground, then, or now.

    ReplyDelete

Your considered comments are welcome