Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Sunday 22 July 2012

The Kangaroo Arms

Once again I sing the praises of the Joondalup Resort in Connolly, Western Australia. And this time, allow me to focus on their english-style pub - 'The Kangaroo Arms." Yeah okay it doesn't have an english name, but it is at least located in what was once a Brit Colony so there is natural authenticity in there somewhere. Leaving all that aside, you are talking about an establishment with rock solid staff and great pub food. As with everything else at this premier golf course resort, the ingredients in the meals are simply over-the-top standouts as far as quality is concerned - truly, truly excellent. You combine that with professional and legit bar staff and you get the basis for a proper sports bar. Pleasant in every way.

In a way though this place is always going to rate as 'understated.' Which of course suits me anyway. I'm not searching for either the fame, infamy, or glory of the big splash. And that means no one, absolutely NO ONE is going to give a damn that I AM SHERLOCK HOLMES!

...I walked off the pages of an Irishman's fictional tale, and into the real world. But frankly, there are a lot fewer mysteries in the real world for me than you might think. And I am certainly at least as arrogant as the fictional Holmes was. Certainly. One day I shall present you all with a mystery the reckoning of which will thrill, and tax, and enervate, and reward.

Best,

Calvin J. Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your considered comments are welcome