Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Saturday 10 September 2016

'Class' In Horse Racing ...is the same thing

Class in horse racing is the same as anywhere else... It means that you can perform competitively against a rising standard of opponent until, in the end, you stand alone.

Race horses are really strong and powerful animals, and the best of them, on their day - so to speak - when they are in the best of racing condition, you can't really stop them; it doesn't matter what other people say, you cannot stop a good horse. Not without really obvious outward signs of extreme cheating.
Fairy floss, grape juice, and champagne

I have seen a truly superior thoroughbred, when the connections were attempting to 'graduate the horse' without disclosing how good it was, through the lower grades - with its jockey trying to hold the horse up by using what are called 'double wraps' (he tightens the reins by doubling them around his arms and pulling his arms up to his chest) and with his legs dead straight standing up, his whole body leaning backwards in the irons, and with the horse just plain careening further and further away from the rest of the field...!

A thing 'has class,' and this means it will win against lesser opposition, all other things being equal and often even when they are vastly unequal; not in its favour.

I used to be a believer in the idea that everyone had the potential, by using their mind, to rise to great heights. And it may be true but I no longer believe such a thing with ease.

I don't really know what the full truth of the matter is, when it comes to all people, but I do know what it amounts to when you are looking at specific individuals.
  
In the famous words of Vince Lombardi 'I have been around winners all my life...' He was a very clever guy - I mean he was obviously a great winner himself, but he never overtly said that of himself. 

You should be able to tell what a human being 'of genuine class' is, but it isn't anywhere near as easy as you might suppose. There's this other racing aphorism about 'throwing handfuls of dust' and it means that you want to disguise the condition of the animal by obscuring it from the casual eye - hence, you throw handfuls of dust over it so its coat doesn't show the natural sheen that comes when a race horse is in top condition. 

Human beings are a combination of performing animal, pilot, trainer, strategist... All of those things wrapped up in a neat package.
This product has class...
I don't know why, it just does!

Branded products that are in the business of selling, that is, having their merchandise be sold - never throw handfuls of dust over themselves! If you know what I mean.

But people are a different thing. Personally, I don't 'sell myself;' I am an agent for my own power and control in particular given circumstances. I operate by a completely different set of rules and processes than that usual one of 'selling yourself' - in the sense of having another 'buy into' what you are saying or proposing. 

I'm presuming there isn't anyone here who needs or wants to have power and control over things. And so for most of the rest of everyone, all those usual tracts about how to improve your life will do.

At the same time I'm not talking about having or gaining power over other people generally - I don't want that! What am I going to do that would serve my own personal interests in controlling ordinary people?! And so I could never be a politician; people don't interest me in that way.

I'm interested only in the class people. And then I become very dangerous indeed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your considered comments are welcome