Autism Project Donations:

Autism Project Donations here - https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=23MBUB4W8AL7E

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Sables and Psychopaths


What's Real, What's Not Real.

I guess I'm responding here to something posted onto another website by another person. The website is the 'other' Wall Street Bear Discussion Board.

The post was a link to a YouTube clip by a legit shrink on what a psychopath is.

I headed off then next to another nearby clip about narcissism. And here I am now, finding myself more or less setting out to defend why I blog or post anywhere at all – because both of the YouTube clips were a bit tendentious really, provoking you to think 'hey! Is that me they are talking about?!' I mean do I blog because I am self-absorbed? And isn't it true that like all entrepreneurs I might also be a touch manipulative and have little empathy?

Well – no! I was trained in the subcontracting world of old-school manufacturing/technological Singapore, where either you killed off your subcontractor eventually through restriction and oversight and control – or they sure as hell would kill you off with continual demands and problems!!

As for blogging, I'm sure I do it because of frustration over the usual media commentaries and the pseudo-professionals everywhere capturing the agenda with stuff that is just plain dumb, ignorant, or old hat and dead boring!

...So anyway, I'm watching these YouTube videos and I get this same old feeling that so much of everything everywhere these days is like bad high school teachers preaching fairly tame and popularly established 'knowledge' to minds that cannot possibly be expected to be older than about fourteen to twenty-two at most. So who all decided that the audience of the entire world was made up of people lacking any worldly experience and that had never read a decent text book the whole of their lives?

Not a real spy
Okay maybe I too will turn into a 'self-justifying know-it-all,' (the criticism of Singapore dictator Lee Kwan Yew made by one of his ex-colleagues). I love to get something in about Kwan Yew. He's on his deathbed, you know.

But all the same why are governments for example, so late onto the scene of the crime, as it were. I notice this week the Australian High Court put a stop to the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation's idiotic 'adverse report' findings on a few Tamil refugees. This, probably ten whole years after I had written to a few of my own ex-colleagues in government asking them to think very hard about taking the word of a certain Rohan Gunaratne, a self-appointed 'expert on terrorism' from Singapore's Nanyang Polytechnic. And not to mention my extremely long held conversation with a handful of others in responsible positions here in Australia about the virtually certain residence of Osama bin Laden (or the specific important person going by that name on the 'urgent' desks of the Security Services of many countries...) in Pakistan.

Australia's intelligence and policing services are made up of people of integrity but they are not immune from this global wind of overhyping the simply banal, and creating 'complexity' where there isn't any - the result of which is a massive going round in expensive circles when common sense would have reached a correct solution right at the outset. Things which could deserve some priority though are turfed out because they are 'too hot to handle,' and the toothless dramas get dressed up facilely as issues that must be addressed with taxpayer money.
Not a real historical Russian restaurant

I have given up, really. I'd rather spend my time looking at the pre-Nineties Hollywood eye-candy versions of spy stories, for example, and the present-era oligarchic fake culture and historicity in Moscow. I don't read the news anymore. I read the Elite Life magazine in Russian, where the editors have not become jaded yet. I have an ambition to go visit the Pushkin Cafe in Moscow – which is basically a whimsical and entirely fake 'old Russia' building and interior... And I also remain an entrepreneur. Because I basically couldn't care less about... Oh dear. That YouTube video was right then. Anyway I have entirely given up on the modern West just at the moment. I might be saved though, by that private video promotion that Johnnie Walker circulates among embassy staff around the entire globe that hasn't made it into the public sphere yet. Is that perfectly legal for security staff and embassy people to get private marketing privileges that the rest of us don't? I don't know. Though probably not. But as I say – who cares!


5 comments:

  1. I don't know why you blog either, but your posts are generally more coherent than they were back in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a long time ago, JP, I walked through the city in which I lived, in the middle of the Asian Currency Crisis, with a hundred thousand dollars in cash in my jacket, to see if anyone would 'grok' it. A young twerp called James Tee, did. That same week he got arrested in his sports car with TWO MILLION in cash that he was unable to account for having, and was later released. Anyway, he was then, and still is richer than me. And he still is a twerp. Blogging is a decent way for countrary opinion to be voiced. When I say 'he couldn't account for it,' unlike the cops, I personally mean that he has no idea how he made it; and I am quite sure I know how I made mine. This blog is about money and I think I write this blog because I feel an 'old school' way of making money, is unrepresented in popular media. As for coherence, good god man! Don't you know that making money is entirely mysterious and only done by the inscrutible! (That's my excuse anyway...) : ) Thanks for the comment. I'll try to be even MORE provocative from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calvin, I'm not talking about the provocativeness of your commenteering.

    What I mean is that by being less vague, you are much more readable and entertaining.

    Romney got his boost, it had nothing to do with Fox News.

    It had to do with this, precisely:

    http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-october-4-2012/democalypse-2012---o-bama--where-art-thou--pt--1

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not gonna believe this. All of a sudden, none of Jon Stewart's videos can be streamed 'outside of the US...' I'm a fan of JS, I see him on the satellite channels here. But I can't get his website videos here...! I had to read the reviews on Huff Post.

    ReplyDelete

Your considered comments are welcome